Besides offering expertise in well pump systems, Action Electric Motor & Pump Repair also installs water conditioning systems in Columbia, TN. These offer a combination of water softening and additional temperature control when your current resources do not offer it. Since these systems are frequently an investment, you will need to think through your options before making a commitment. If you see any of the following signs, you will likely want to consider a water conditioning system:
- Water temperature changes rapidly: If you use a well system, water temperature may not be as easily controlled. It is not uncommon for people who live off these systems to find their showers suddenly become blistering hot or that their clothes washers use a different water temperature than indicated. For these issues, adding additional temperature control will keep water temperature consistent and avoid any bad surprises.
- Dishes and cutlery appear stained: Spots and fogginess on glasses or chips in knives after you use them in the dishwasher are signs of hard water. After a while, these stains do not go away and you will likely find you are reluctant to continue using these items, since they never appear to be clean. Spots and streaks may also appear on windows after you wash them with your local water source. Once you install a water softener, these signs start to go away.
- Scaling on dishes and pipes: The water can cause more than just spots on dishes and silverware. Hard water also causes scaling, which can be difficult to remove. On dishes it is unsightly, but on pipes, it can lead to corrosion and clogs. Appliances like garbage disposals, dishwashers, washers and even coffee makers will run less efficiently with scaling, and often need to be replaced more frequently. This wear and tear on appliances and plumbing is often the most compelling reason to install water conditioning systems.
- Your skin itches: If you are not usually allergy-prone and you find your skin is dryer, that can be due to the hard water. Minerals add calcium and magnesium salts which can counteract the effects of soaps and lotions. People also report dull hair and dryness even when they use a heavy conditioner. While hard water will not affect your health or kill you, it can cause discomfort that many people find unbearable.
- Stained clothes: With hard water, white clothes will start to appear gray and colors will fade quicker. Even with a good fabric softener, fabrics feel rough against your skin. Also, if the water temperature is not regulated well, you will find your delicate items wear out from water being too warm, or your whites are not clean enough due to a lack of hot water. Adding a water softener and better temperature control are known to improve laundry issues immensely.
If you are interested in water conditioning systems in Columbia, TN for your home or business, contact Action Electric Motor & Pump Repair. We look forward to discussing your concerns and finding the best system for what you need.
Categorised in: Water Conditioning