Bearings are key components to almost any engine or electric motor, including water well pumps. Regardless of the function your electric motor plays, there are a number of common-sense maintenance tips that you can exercise that will help you make the most of your investment in your electric motor.
If you are wondering how you can maximize your motor’s lifespan and avoid the cost of an electric motor replacement in Columbia, TN, you should pay extra attention to your device’s bearings. Understanding the best way to handle and care for your motor’s bearings can help you ensure that you are getting the most out of your electric device.
Here are just some of the ways that you can make the most of your electric motor’s ball bearings, and avoid the costly process of electric motor replacement in Columbia, TN:
- Handle with care: Your motor’s bearings are delicate, precisely engineered components. Be sure to handle them appropriately, and to avoid causing any damage before they are mounted on your motor. Additionally, you should exercise extra caution to keep any dust and debris from collecting on the bearings or their mounts.
- Perform an inspection: Visually inspect the shaft and housing for your bearing before mounting it on the electric motor. If there is any dust or burs present on either the bearing or its casing, you should use a soft lint-free cloth to carefully remove it. Don’t forget to double-check the shaft!
- Mount correctly: Be sure to implement the correct mounting strategy when installing your bearing. Depending on the type and shape of the bearing you are using, different mounting methods may be required. If you are unsure which type of mounting method is right for your electric motor, you should check in with a qualified expert.
- Pay attention to heat levels: Bearings should never be heated with an open flame. You should always use an induction heater to warm up your bearings, and be sure to read through the manufacturer recommendations on what heat levels are appropriate for your motor’s bearings.
- Use the right tools: If you are concerned about your ability to properly maintain your electric motor’s bearings, you should consult with a qualified professional as soon as possible. Failure to correctly mount bearings can result in your motor dying prematurely. Be sure to ask a local expert in electric motor replacement in Columbia, TN for help!
For more than a decade, Action Electric Motor & Pump Repair has been providing high-quality electric motor replacement in Columbia, TN. We are proud to serve communities in and around Maury County. If you are looking for maintenance assistance, motor replacement or repair, you should reach out to one of our professional and highly qualified service team members.
We are here to help you make the most of your existing electric pump and motor systems, and will work diligently to ensure that you receive the highest possible standard of care. Contact one of our friendly associates today to learn more about our full menu of service options!
Categorised in: Electric Motor Replacement