In general, electric motors use less energy to operate than combustion motors do, and reduce your business’s carbon footprint. There are, of course, variations among electric motors as to how efficient they are on an individual basis, but as a general rule you can expect greater energy savings out of electric motors when compared to alternatives.
Here are just a few examples of the benefits associated with commercial electric motors, many of which involve energy efficiency. Consider these benefits as you prepare for electric motor installation in Columbia, TN:
- Relatively low initial cost: While you’re still going to have to budget for an initial investment when purchasing a new electric motor, the initial cost you’ll have to pay is still going to be significantly lower than what you’d pay for a fossil-fuel engine that has the same or similar output horsepower rating. This is true in almost every case. So from the initial cost perspective, there are few reasons to not go with an electric motor.
- Longer lifespan: Because electric motors do not have as many moving parts as other traditional types of motors, they are able to operate for much longer at optimal condition. You’ll likely be able to get 30,000 hours of operating life from a well-maintained electric motor before you need to consider any major repairs. This is the equivalent to about three and a half years of nonstop runtime.
- Better energy efficiency: Electric motors are extremely energy efficient. They have efficiency ratings of anywhere from 50 to 95 percent, depending on the size of the motor and its operating conditions. They do not require any fossil fuels, battery service or engine oil maintenance, and you won’t have to worry about them freezing if temperatures dip below zero.
- Minimal maintenance requirements: As listed above, you don’t have to worry about engine oil maintenance with an electric motor. But you also will have fewer maintenance worries in general—there are fewer parts to worry about replacing, and the motors themselves are durable, with extensive operating life capabilities when used correctly and in the right conditions.
- Safety: Electric motors do not emit any exhaust or flammable fuels. This not only eliminates a potential fire and explosion risk, but also prevents them from causing some of the health problems that could be associated with long-term exposure to exhaust.
- Less noise: Electric motors are significantly less noisy than their fossil fuel counterparts. They’ll have a constant hum, but nothing obtrusive that could potentially cause hearing damage with long-term exposure.
- Financial savings: Because you don’t have to worry about higher energy bills or increased maintenance costs, you can benefit from some significant financial savings over the lifespan of your commercial electric motor.
These are just a few of the benefits associated with the use of commercial electric motors. To learn more about the lifespan and energy efficiency of these motors or to get information about electric motor installation in Columbia, TN, contact Action Electric Motor & Pump Repair today.
Categorised in: Electric Motor Installation