If you rely on a well pump to assist you with drawing water up to your home, it’s important that the pump is consistently maintained. Faulty well pumps can cause your energy bills to skyrocket. Additionally, if a well pump fails all together, it may leave you without a source of water at your home. This could cause you to lose the ability to shower, cook, wash dishes or wash your clothing.
When your well pump fails, you’ll need to call for the assistance of a company specializing in water pump replacement in Columbia, TN. They can provide you with the expertise and services necessary to get your home’s water system back up and running.
Unfortunately, it can be challenging to notice the signs that a well pump is approaching failure. There are, however, some indications that may help you ascertain that your pump is in danger of failing, or that it’s faulty. Here are just some of the signs to pay attention to that might indicate a failing well pump:
- Spitting faucets: If your water faucets regularly “spit” bursts of air interspersed with water, there’s a high likelihood that it’s because your well pump is expiring. This symptom is a sign of many potential problems with your home’s water delivery system, however, so it’s best to seek out expert advice as soon as you notice the issue.
- Low water pressure: When the well pump in your home isn’t operating as intended, there’s a strong chance that it’ll cause low water pressure in your home. If you’re noticing subpar pressure, your well pump should be the first suspect you investigate.
- Hot shower temperatures: A hot shower is supposed to feel good, but when your well pump isn’t working as intended, cranking up the hot water may end up producing dangerously high temperatures. This is because the faucet isn’t able to dilute the hot water with cooler water as quickly when the pump is failing.
- High electric bills: Well pumps have to work harder to pump the same amount of water when they’re faulty or are nearing failure. If you’re experiencing high electric bills, you should rule out other possibilities, and then examine your well pump. It may need to be replaced.
- Noisy pressure tanks: If you notice a clicking or hissing noise coming out of your home’s water pressure tank, a faulty well pump may be to blame. Have a look at the pump and the tank, and see if you can pinpoint the source of the noise.
Since 2006, Action Electric Motor & Pump Repair has been a trusted provider of water pump replacement in Columbia, TN. We’re proud to provide our clients with high-quality water pump and water well services. If you’re in need of a professional to help you maintain, repair or replace your home’s water delivery system, you can count on us. We offer prompt and courteous services at affordable rates. Reach out to one of our friendly representatives today to learn more or schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Water Pump Replacement