If you rely on a water well for your home or business, chances are, you’ve experienced low water pressure. It’s not pleasant, and depending on what you’re trying to do—like run a dishwasher or washing machine—low water pressure can be inconvenient and annoying, too. Can you fix bad water pressure from water well systems in Columbia, TN?
Fixing your water pressure is entirely possible. Here’s how to do it:
- Service your pressure tank: Your residential water pressure should be somewhere between 40 and 60 psi. If the water pressure falls below this number, turn off the breaker that powers the pump. Next, test the air fill valve to see the current pressure level. To increase it, adjust the pressure switch. It’s usually located on the pipe between the well and the pressure tank. To test it, turn on a faucet and see how well the water flows. Readjust as necessary until you get the water pressure you need.
- Install a constant pressure system: A constant pressure system helps regulate water flow into your building. That way, you won’t experience drops in pressure, even when you’re using more than one major appliance or faucet. The system is installed on the water line that enters your home. It’s a quick, simple way to keep your water pressure at a constant, uninterrupted level.
- Get your pipes checked: Well water is full of sediment and minerals, which can build up in your pump and pipes over time. Eventually, your pipes may experience so much buildup that it’s impossible for water to flow through them. Have a plumber check your pipes to see if mineral buildup is the problem. They can clean the pipes for you, or install a water softener to address the root of the problem.
- Check the sediment filter: Occasionally, the problem is as simple as a clogged sediment filter. When the filter is clogged, water can’t get through fast enough. That causes a drop in pressure, which is easily fixed by simply replacing or cleaning the filter.
- Try a different pump type: If you have a standard water well pump, that could be responsible for the low water pressure you’re experiencing. Depending on your well’s water level, reliability and more, a constant pressure or variable speed water pump might deliver better results. Talk to a well pump provider about your options to determine which might be right for you.
Low water pressure is annoying, but it doesn’t have to be a way of life. Trying these solutions can help deliver water to your home or business more efficiently.
For more information on how to regulate water pressure for water well systems in Columbia, TN, call the team at Action Electric Motor & Pump Repair today. We offer well service and repair, as well as pump repair and replacement, all with one of the best warranties in the industry. If you’re suffering from low water pressure, we can help you fix it. Get in touch today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Water Well Systems